Avocados for breakfast is a must do! As much as I’d love to eat a Coconut Chobani Greek yogurt every morning, I’m tying to stay away from that much sugar so early in the day. Too bad they’re delicious and easy to grab and go. Not to mention they’re cheap and filling too.
Switch out your daily yogurt every once in awhile with a Avocado Baked Egg!
- Halve your avocado and remove the stone. Scoop out some of the good stuff (about 1 tablespoon) so you have a hole big enough for your egg. If you skip this step, your avocado won’t hold enough egg.
- Put your avocados on a small baking pan. I always put down a small piece of aluminum foil in case the egg oozes out a bit. It makes clean up quick and easy.
- The avocados I buy are fairly small so I just use one egg but definitely use two eggs if your avocado is large. Crack the egg into small ramekin. Pour the eggs slowly into the hole of the avocado.
- Season with salt and pepper if you’d like. Maybe even add some hot sauce or a small piece of goat cheese (like I do!)
- Bake at 450°F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until your egg whites are set and the yolks are still runny.
- Let the avocado halves sit for a minute to cool and add salsa, more hot sauce or just enjoy as is!